When it comes to hi stakes gambling, online pokies are probably the last game on any traditional high roller’s mind. But contrary to popular belief, online pokies do offer the chance to win big money, and high-stake slots games aren’t just limited to brick-and-mortar Aussie casinos. We bring you the best hi-stake pokies from the leading online casinos.
Best high stake pokies casinos
Top RTG casino
Raging Bull Casino
350% deposit bonus + 50 free spins
Visit Raging Bull Raging Bull Casino Review
If you’re looking for online pokies which offer huge real money jackpots with larger wagers allowed per spin, there are plenty of high-stake pokies games to suit your needs. We explain what high stakes gambling is, and recommend the best real money casinos for Aussies to play hi-limit pokies online.
What is high stakes gambling?
High-stake gambling, also referred to as hi-stakes, is when players wager the maximum limit or place high bets on every casino game, usually in increments of $100-$1000 or above. These players are referred to as high rollers, or “sharks” and “whales”. Lower stake pokies players, “premimums”, may make up the majority of an online casino’s player-base, but high rollers are prominent too; they don’t waste time and get straight to the point with big wagers for big winnings.
The difference between high-stake table games and high-stake pokies is the variability of slot machines in bet amounts. High-stakes slot machines are different online than in land-based casinos in that the majority of online pokie machines have a variable wager amount – the player chooses their stakes with a click of a mouse, where as slot machines in a brick and mortar casino are set to a specific denomination.
High-stake pokies games aren’t actually that common given that the main type of gambler who plays slots is usually one who likes to bet in smaller increments. Still, online casinos have recognised the demand and there are a few standout pokies games which offer maximum stakes per payline and coin spin, and a huge array of progressive slot games, where you’d have to bet the maximum amount of coins to be eligible win the jackpot.
Hi jackpot online pokies games
Our recommended online casinos host games from the best gaming software providers in the business, and along with a wide range of game variety in terms of themes and special features, there are several high-paying slot machines which offer bigger bets and jackpots for high rollers. Most of these titles can also be played as hi-stake mobile pokies.
The following are our recommended top picks for hi-stake pokies:
- Asian Beauty: A 5-reel 15 payline pokie with 243 Ways to Win and an oriental theme, Asian Beauty is a popular choice for high-stake gambling. Score three or more chests symbols anywhere on the five reels, even if they’re not on adjacent reels, and you can score a scatter win of up to 100 times your total bet, 25 free spins and all winning combinations payout double during the free spins.
- Guns N’ Roses: this five reel, 20 payline video pokies game from NetEnt brings the high-risk spirit of rock and roll to the online casino world, where players can place up to $200 for a single spin to really up the ante. Along with the high maximum bet, this game is packed with bonus features such as expanding wilds, The Appetite for Destruction bonus, Legend Spins and the Crowd Pleaser Bonus. Spins start as low as $0.20, so GNR pokies is also suitable for lower wager players. Read our detailed Guns N’ Roses pokies review here.
- Break da Bank Again: A fast and wild 3 reel, 9 pay-line slot machine with a opulent heist theme, Break da bank Again continues the popularity of the original as a favourite for high roller pokies players or those who like to up the ante once in a while. With up to 0.50 per line for play and a maximum spin of $45, it’s definitely a great hi-stakes choice.
- Jimi Hendrix: with a maximum coin size of $1.00 and a high bet level of 10, NetEnt’s Jimi Hendrix pokies game allows for a maximum bet of $200 per spin. Not only can hi-stake players enjoy the thrill of this lenient betting limit, but there’s also the chance to strike such bonuses as Crosstown Traffic free spins, the Purple Haze special and a Pick and Click Bonus. For further details, read our Jimi Hendrix pokies review.
Lucky Zodiac – themed around the Chinese Zodiac, this Microgaming pokies game is appealing for more reasons than it’s fun game theme. Lucky Zodiac is adored by high rollers for its very lenient betting limit, with a maximum bet of $100 per spin making this game hugely rewarding for hi-stake gamblers.
- Mardi Gras Fever: another popular 5-reel Microgaming title, the stakes can be set to 100.00 per spin. If you trigger a bonus round, you get 5 free spins and a massive x10 multiplier – if you’re lucky, a 200,000 coin jackpot could be on the cards should your bonus round pay off.
- Birds! – this bright and cheerful BetSoft pokies game carries a max bet of $125, so you’ll be spinning your way to those big pay-outs in no time. Watch as the Tweet-O-Meter climbs with each spin in order to unlock giant free spins. Read more in our full Birds! pokies review.
- Riviera Riches: A 5-reel 15-payline online slot machine with a graphical theme of luxury in the backdrop of Casino Riviera. If you score five Riviera Riches Logos on an enabled payline, you’ll win a jackpot of 1,500 times your bet, and the wild symbol can also substitute for any other symbol to create a winning payline. Spinning two or more scatter symbols anywhere on the 5 reels also will keep hi-stake players happy; even if they don’t appear on a payline, you’ll receive a payout and three or more will net you 12 free spins and triple payouts. This still isn’t even counting the 190,000-coin jackpot or bonus roulette game also on offer.
- Gonzo’s Quest: play the maximum bet level of 10, with a high coin size of 0.50, and you’ll be playing for $100 per spin. Thanks to the unique avalanche feature, you can earn your way up to a 5X multiplier per spin, which can add up to some sweet rewards when that max bet is in place. You can learn more reading our Gonzo’s Quest pokies review.
What counts as a high-stake pokie?
The general accepted consensus is any online pokies machine with a minimum $5.00 wager to play is a high stakes game. This may seem low to table players, but the fact is the majority of pokies players bet between $0.01 and $1.00 when they play slots, so a minimum $5 wager a spin is a big jump. Some machines value coins higher, at even $50 or $100 – and you can also bet multiple coins on more than a single payline, so a $5 coin and up are considered high stakes.
Web casinos want to attract high roller players, so payout percentages on hi-stake slots are always attractive as to ensure jackpots are always paid out in a bigger amount than pokies games played with lower denominations. High roller pokies gather their allure from this point in particular; you may be betting a much higher amount (and risking more) per spin, but if you hit the jackpot, there’s a million dollars and more waiting on the other side.
Why play high roller slots?
There are three key benefits to playing hi-stake pokies online versus a live casino establishment: superior odds, larger jackpots and heaps of bonuses and promotions. Internet casino operators don’t have the same overhead fees as land based casinos, explaining why they are able to provide much better odds, comps, promotions prizes and other incentives to their members. Most casinos offer a VIP section for their high rollers, with exclusive 24/7 customer support, special promotions and lucky comp draws which can make you a winner without even playing.
While it’s not the same level of pampering as live establishments, the fact you can win high-stake jackpots while never leaving the comfort of your home is a benefit land-based casinos can’t replicate. Because of the massive popularity of online progressive jackpots and the increasing number of Internet pokies players, you could end up winning a whole lot more cash playing progressive slots on your computer or mobile than at the casino.
High-stake pokies also give a sense of enjoyment and opportunity low-stake games can’t provide. Sure, betting $2 per spin could still land you a big prize, such as a $120,000 prize on a 60,000-coin game, but there is no denying the thrill gained from winning $6,000,000 from a $100 spin is much greater.
Playing and winning big at progressive pokies can turn you into an instant millionaire thanks to the linked progressive system between the majority of Internet progressive pokies slots – while you can win such jackpots betting as a low stakes player, your chances are always better when betting big.